Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin Shirt for Audrey


Happy Fall Y'all!
Tracy asked me to make a pumpkin shirt for Miss Audrey:
The pumpkin design is from Planet Applique's Double Pumpkin Alphabet (minus some details). I used the Butterball font from 8 Claws and a Paw for "Audrey". One aspect of this font that I like is that all the letters are the same height. Originally Tracy wanted something like Boyz Are Gross but the "d" was so tall and the "y" hung down so low that it just didn't look right under the pumpkin. Butterball was a perfect fix!
You know, this may be one of the first times I have added a bow to a shirt. I'm not an expert bow tier. But I remembered an awesome tutorial I had found via Pinterest. It utilizes a fork to tie a tiny bow (for wedding invitations and the like). I was using wider ribbon and needed a bigger bow, so I went hunting for something larger with four prongs, and found my potato masher. Glad I finally have a use for this thing! Ha! :)
EDITED TO ADD:
After Tracy's coworker saw Audrey's shirt, she needed a set for her daughters. :)

6 comments on "Pumpkin Shirt for Audrey"

Tracy on October 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM said...

It's so adorable, I just love it and can't wait to put Audrey in it! Awesome bow-tie tutorial too!

daniKate designs on October 1, 2011 at 9:29 PM said...

I learn so much from you! I am mentally filing a note about the uniform height, and I'm going to have to try that potato masher bow technique!

Karen on October 2, 2011 at 8:26 AM said...

Shirt is adorable! I have a question. Do you know where I can find raglan sleeve tees in toddler sizes? I want to use these for Christmas shirts. I can find youth but not toddler 3-5 t. Thanks!

Penny Hanuszak on March 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM said...

Great shirt and awesome bow tutorial. I love the masher part and it works! Thanks for shring.

Velda on August 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM said...

Great idea! I'm always looking for tools to make different sized bows.

Unknown on October 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM said...

Love the way to make the big bow!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates